Q. I am 21-year-old, and I feel my penis is like a dead branch attached to a tree. Why?

Dr. Raveendran S. R
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 11, 2021 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2021

I have erectile dysfunction. I am a 21-year-old male of 63 kg weight and 5'09" in height. I cannot get an erection in bed. It is like my penis is not even a part of my body. It is like a dead branch connected to a tree. I have this issue for a few years now, but I do get strong erections when I wake up but not regularly. It is just that while having a partner beside me, I cannot get an erection, or even when I watch something, I feel the sexual urge but hardly ever get erections. I have no medications. I request you to please give me some home-based remedies or good OTC medication that can help me with my condition. I am really worried about it. Kindly help me.

#

I can understand your concern about your symptoms. According to your complaints, you may have erectile dysfunction (ED).

Reasons for erectile dysfunction are:

1) Stress due to work or family-related problems, night duties. Plan for regular exercise and yoga.

2) Depression.

3) Varicocele.

4) Fear of failure. Having one episode of ED once may make you feel you will end up with ED.

5) Low self-esteem (chronic masturbation).

6) Smoking and alcohol.

7) Negative attitude towards your partner.

8) Hormonal issues like a thyroid issue, low testosterone, etc.

You need to check the doppler penis, USG (ultrasonography), pelvis and scrotum, blood pressure, RBS (random blood sugar), free T3 and T4, testosterone, and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone).

Please share more details regarding the above reasons. We can work on diagnosis and treatment. Plan for regular exercise and proper diet

The list of exercise that you can follow are:

1) Kegel.

2) Glute bridge.

3) reclined butterfly pose.

4) Lying leg raise.

5) Plank.

6) Push up.

7) Squat.

8) Hip flexor lunge.

9) Swimming.

10) Running or fast walk for five minutes.

11) Yoga.

Food items that help with ED are:

1) Strawberry.

2) Apple.

3) Avocado.

4) Sweet potato.

5) Sesame seed.

6) Almond.

7) Garlic.

8) Little chocolate.

For a temporary solution, I suggest using tablet Mildfil (Tadalafil) 5 mg twice a day.

I hope this was helpful.

|