Q. I am 24 years old and suffering from erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. Please help.

I am 24-year-old male. Lately, I do not feel the same amount of excitement I had when I used to masturbate a few years back. I think I am obsessed with masturbation. Even after ejaculating, I am unable to maintain an erection as I used to have a few years back. I am afraid that I am suffering from ED and PE as well. I am frustrated with this condition of mine. I do not know what is happening to me and I feel like I should give up on my life. Please help.

#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all, I like to inform you that loss of erection after ejaculation is entirely normal, and there is nothing abnormal in this regard. Secondly, having an erection and able to masturbate properly indicates the absence of erectile dysfunction (ED) rather than the ED problem.

I also like to inform you that in this modern era, both PE (premature ejaculation) and ED are treatable disorders, and there is nothing to fear about them. Most of my patients with similar problems respond well to medications and other forms of suitable treatment.

In addition, I also like to inform you that the problem appears to be hormones related and we need to investigate in this regard.

I hope this helps you.

Feel free to write back to me if you have more questions.

Thanks and regards.

Thank you doctor for your response.

What would you suggest to overcome this issue?

#

First, you need to see a psychiatrist for a masturbation addiction problem. If it is not a viable option due to lockdown or any other reason, go for online consultation.

Before the above instruction can be executed, I request you to get the following routine tests from a nearby laboratory:

1) CBC (complete blood count).

2) Blood sugar.

3) Lipid profile.

4) LFT (liver function test).

5) RFT (renal function test).

6) TFT (thyroid function test).

7) Serum testosterone.

8) Serum prolactin.

You are requested to get these tests done on an empty stomach so the food does not interfere with reports.

The above tests will be helpful to determine your overall health status as well as sex hormone levels. Then, in case there is any abnormality, we can correct it.

You are also requested to restrict yourself from excessive masturbation.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks and regards.

|