Q. Kindly tell me how HIT exercise boosts the mood.

Dr. Mashfika N Alam
Published on Oct 21, 2018

How HIT exercise can boost your mood?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I am sure a lot of people are aware of the neurotransmitter serotonin which is directly linked to mood changes. A decrease in the amount of serotonin in the body can lead to depression and low mood. When talking about exercise to boost your mood, it is thereby wise to focus on the ones that raise your blood serotonin levels significantly. Running and yoga are the best ways to do that and if you cannot or unable to do either of these, you can try jogging or brisk walking, particularly in the early morning and preferably with surrounding greenery. Bicycling, one can take this up simply as a means of transport too and boost one's mood. Stretch exercises, treadmill if you want to keep to the gym. Any of these can be done multiple times a day in short bursts, and prove to be significantly effective according to various studies.

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full >>

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Cervical length needs to be checked again at 24 weeks for further advice. In general, twin pregnancy has a tendency for preterm labor. Your focus right now should be on preventing preterm labor rather than normal delivery. For normal delivery to happen, you do not need t...  Read Full

How does yoga help senior citizens?

Query: Hi doctor, What are the health benefits and trends for yoga for senior citizens? Are there studios that have classes or professionals that cater to this demographic? Why choose yoga over other forms of fitness and stretching?  Read Full >>

Dr. Vinod Kumar Goyal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yoga is of two types. One for physical exercises called asanas and the second one is meditational yoga. Both have tremendous benefits for life and health. Physical yoga regulates body glands, hormones and cures many diseases of the body. For different persons and condit...  Read Full