Q. USG shows fibroadenosis of both breasts. Kindly suggest treatment.

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I am a 23-year-old female. I am suffering from fibroadenosis of both breasts. I did an ultrasound of both breasts twice, and the results are fibroadenosis of both breasts. I consulted a gynecologist and taking vitamin E pills and Ubicar women tablets. My mother had breast cancer. My symptoms are lumpy breasts with heavy feel and mild pain.

#

Actually, fibroadenosis are non-cancerous, and they hardly become cancerous. It is very rare. So you monitor it. If they start increasing in size or you feel more pain, consult your doctor and go for further testing. And symptoms of fibroadenosis are more seen during menstruation.

Since when are you experiencing? Can you palpate the lump? Please send your reports.

During this pandemic, when I could not physically meet a doctor, your advice brings lots of satisfaction to me. I have been experiencing these symptoms for one year. As you said, it becomes more disturbing during menstruation, but I get disturbed many times during other days. When I self examine, I feel many small lumps, not stick in a particular place, feel heaviness, and slightly start sagging and swelling. I have attached the ultrasound report of both the breasts.

#

I did not receive your ultrasound reports yet. As I mentioned, they are non-cancerous most of the time. During menstruation, due to increased level of hormones, you feel pain and tenderness in the breast. The nodules you feel are duct, which swells during menstruation. So just keep them checking. If you see any changes, then we can go for further testing.

Please attach your reports.

I have attached the ultrasound report. How could I able to get a cure form this issue? It becomes like mental stress as I have a positive family history of breast cancer.

Do you suggest any medication, and do you think excision could help me on this matter? And last to whom I should go for consultation, whether a gynecologist or breast specialist and oncologist?

#

Thank you for attaching the USG (ultrasound) reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I have checked, and it says cyst means there are tiny fluid-filled structures that are noncancerous only. You can take tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg once a day after a meal when you have pain.

You should do a USG examination once again because the report you sent is taken before a year. I want to see what changes are there right now.

Sometimes such cysts can be due to infection. Then it has to be treated with antibiotics. You can do a USG and send me reports or else consult a gynecologist.

|