Q. I have a red bump on the inner lip of my vagina with itching. Why?

Dr. Reetika Joshi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I have a red bump on my vagina lip inside. It started today. I woke up in the middle of the night with my vagina itching. This morning I saw I had a red bump on the inside of my lips. I have a history of herpes. I am under Buspirone. Kindly help me.

#

I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. I have gone through the details shared by you, and with a history of herpes, I request you to please share if you are having any pain and swelling around as well. Itching is only there, or some unusual discharge is also there? Are you sexually active? When did you have intercourse last?

Nevertheless, if there is no pain, then I suggest you do the following:

1) Use V wash (Lactic acid) to clean the area.

2) Apply Surfaz SN (Beclometasone, Neomycin, and Clotrimazole) cream locally.

3) Keep the area dry.

4) Do not do intense exercise.

5) Use a gentle detergent to wash your underwear.

This should help for itching, but for bump, please share the details and pictures so that I can guide you accordingly.

I am not sexually active. It has been weeks since I have had sex. There is no discharge and no swelling. It just hurts if I wear underwear or I lay on the right side. I am attching the images. Kindly help me.

#

It looks like folliculitis (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity).

I suggest you take:

1) Tablet Amoxyclav 625 mg (Amoxycillin and Clavulanic Acid) twice daily for three days.

2) Tablet Zinase D (Diclofenac and Serratiopeptidase) twice daily for three days.

3) Tablet Pantop 40 mg (Pantoprazole) once daily empty stomach for three days.

4) Mupirocin ointment local application twice daily for five days.

Avoid shaving and hair removal creams.

I hope this was helpful.

|