Q. Noticed a pink bump in penis. Could it be a wart?

Dr. Vivekanandan .g
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 31, 2020

I am a 26 year old male. Four months ago, I noticed strange pink bump of size around 3 x 2 mm on the base of my penis. It does not hurt. Could it be wart?

#

It is unlikely to get wart at the root of penis.

If you can attach a photo of the lesion, then it would be helpful to make a diagnosis.

Revert back with the photos to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

When I shaved and noticed that I have few more of the same, but away from penis. What could it be and how can I treat this?

#

The lesions on the root of the penis look like folliculitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which is very common in that area.

They generally do not cause much trouble and heal spontaneously in few days.

You can apply Mupirocin ointment over the affected area for a week and take Linezolid tablets 600 mg twice daily for three days. This will expedite healing.

For further information consult a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Now it is more than a week and I did not find any change. I could not get Linezolid and Mupirocin ointment without prescription. Is there any other alternative medicine treatment?

#

Yes, you can take Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid combination 625 mg thrice daily for four days.

Revert back after four days to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|