HomeAnswersDermatologyfordyce spotsI have white tiny particles on my penis skin. What is it?

I have white tiny particles on penis skin. What is the cause?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At June 15, 2018
Reviewed AtFebruary 17, 2024

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

I am suffering from white tiny particles on penis skin and itching forehead skin. What is the cause? What is the solution? I am currently applying Candid B.

Answered by Dr. Sushil Kakkar


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have noted your concern and I have viewed the image (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have Fordyce spots. These are sebaceous glands without an opening and appear as yellowish white granules on prepuce undersurface. It is just a sometimes concern and does not require any intervention. Itching may be due to a yeast infection. I suggest you take oral Fluconazole 150 mg tablet once a day for three days. Topically, you may continue with Candid B (Beclometasone and Clotrimazole) cream, twice daily for a week.

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

I want to clear it up. Is it a serious issue and has any side effects?

Answered by Dr. Sushil Kakkar


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

It is not a serious issue. It is just a cosmetic issue. Fordyce spots are quite common. For itching, you may use Candid B cream twice daily for a week. In addition, I suggest you take an oral antifungal like tablet Fluconazole 150 mg once a day for three days.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sushil Kakkar
Dr. Sushil Kakkar


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

yeast infectionfordyce spots

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy