Q. There is white fungal ring infection on forehead. Kindly suggest the ointment.

Dr. Shanza Ikram
Published on Jun 22, 2019

There is white fungal ring infection on forehead of my daughter. Can you please suggest some oitnment?

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

I have gone through your case. In my opinion, I have two diagnosis of your daighter's lesion.

It could be fungus or eczema patch. For this, please mix Hydrocortisone and Clotrimazole creams in equal amount and apply two times a day for 14 days. Also apply any baby lotion at night. Within 14 days, it should heal. If in case, it does not heal, then please see your local dermatologist to evaluate her for other conditions.

My second diagnosis is leprosy. Please consult your local dermatologist if the lesion does not heal.

| 

Why are my armpits gray, itchy and scabby?

Query: Hi doctor, My armpits are gray, itchy, and scabby. It involves my entire armpit, and it extends down to my side boob and around my shoulders. I do not know the reason for having it. I also had the same problem last year too. I always have a lot of sweating.  Read Full »

I am bitten by something and the area looks red. How can I be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, Three days ago, I think I was bitten by something in my sleep. It does not seem to subside on its own so I am not sure what to do. The area looks red and is kind of warm. It feels like a bruise. I do not have any fever or weakness. I feel like this is something serious but I am not su...  Read Full »

I have a fungal infection that occurs again and again. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, Please take a look at my case of skin dryness and flaking on my face. This is a cyclic condition which occurs almost every 7-8 months. The dryness persists for 1-2 months during which I also have general body itching over hands, legs and under my ribs on the sides. The strange thing is t...  Read Full »