Q. I found a pimple-like bump that bleeds on and off inside my vagina. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 03, 2020

Hi doctor,

I have noticed in the last few weeks that I have spotted when I wipe down there from time to time. I was wondering what is happening due to not having any other symptoms. So I took a mirror and went on the search, and I found a little pimple-like thing that bleeds from time to time inside my vagina. I have a picture if that is going to make it easier to diagnose. I cannot go to my gynecologist due to COVID-19. They are only taking emergency appointments, and they said I should be good if I do not have any other symptoms. But this is not letting me sleep at night, and I need to know what it is. I searched on the internet everything, and I cannot find one single thing about something similar. Please help.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Thanks for reaching out.

Based on the symptoms and the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you have provided, the important differential diagnosis could be:

  • Genital warts.
  • Molluscum contagiosum of the vagina.
  • Infected inclusion cyst.
  • Allergic reaction or contact dermatitis.

I am not in favor of herpes because it would have been more painful and itchy in that case.

The important remedies what you can do are,

  1. Avoid any irritant application like soap, lotion, detergent, and powder to genitalia.
  2. Avoid using tight underwear.
  3. Use cotton underwear and loose cotton bottoms.
  4. Do not touch or squeeze the existing pimple.
  5. Clean the vulva with regular water every time you pee.
  6. If you have used any recent lubricants, condoms, and tampons, change it.
  7. If possible, you can self collect a high vaginal swab and send it for culture and sensitivity and STI (sexually transmitted infections) screening (it to rule out any infections).

Try to do the above preventive measures, and mostly it will decrease on its own. If it does not reduce, then a per speculum examination must be done for any other local pathology inside the vulva. I hope this detailed reply answers your query. Feel free to reach out with any further queries.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I have multiple itchy lesions all over my body. What can they be?

.. read your query. It seems you have developed either allergic contact dermatitis or tinea corporis. Please sent pictures of the lesions, for a better understanding. Revert with more information to a dermatologist online --> .. ...   Read full

I have sharp pain in my vagina when I pee. Why?

.. are common in both STD (sexually transmitted diseases) and UTI (urinary tract infections). If you do not have vaginal discharge or any history of unprotected sex, then UTI is the cause. You can confirm the diagnosis with the following tests. You c...   Read full

Does HPV vaccine cure genital warts?

.. is not a cure. It is for the prevention of HPV. It prevents the virus from entering in your body. But, it cannot act on cells which are already infected with the virus. About sex, there is a chance that with contact, virus can spread to your part...   Read full


This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Why do I have brown spots on fingertips?

Query: Hello doctor, I have dark spots on my fingers that I have noticed this month only. It seems to be dry skin and this area on my fingers look bruised, as if they were left in the cold and looks almost purplish. In the past I did have tiny bumps that were itchy on the sides of my fingers but, they ar...  Read Full »

Is Condyline paint appropriate for genital warts caused by HPV?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old female. I lost my virginity about 10 months ago with my boyfriend. Now after 10 months has passed I found out that I have two warts inside my vagina. It is white color although, the one on the top started to have a slight pink color. But the second one on the bottom wh...  Read Full »

What are the preventive measures in case of slippage or breakage of condoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old heterosexual male. I am HIV negative with no known STD. I always have safe sex. I always have very safe sex with girls who are not sex workers. But may have casual sex with others. Generally, I would imagine that they too would be practicing safe sex with their regul...  Read Full »

Also Read

I am suffering from dry and scaly scalp. Is that scalp psoriasis?
Hello doctor, I am suffering from dry, scaly patches on the scalp for the last six to eight months. Since childhood, I h...  Read more»
Birth Control Methods - Facts, and Types
Devices or treatments done to prevent unwanted pregnancy are called birth control methods.In this article, I am going to...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.