Q. Will I frequently get genital wart if affected once?

Dr. Rabia
Published on Feb 20, 2019

I have a question about HPV. I am a 28-year-old male with one genital wart and I wanted to know if this is for life? Will this keep coming back every so often? What are the best ways to get rid of the wart and a way to prevent them from coming back? I also read that the immune system plays a big part in clearing the virus. I was thinking about taking medical mushrooms and Inosine Pranabox for immune boosting.

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

Warts are treatable. Kindly always attach the picture of the lesion for reference. It is not necessary that warts come and go. Once you are treated properly it does not mean you have to suffer from it again and again. It is human papilloma viral infection. This virus has 150 types because our immunity has to fight with this. That is why it is very important that our immune system should be healthy.

The best treatment for genital wart is cryotherapy. Other can be CO2 laser. Sometimes a small wart can shed off itself but that depends upon the type of the wart. To boost your immunity you can use Zinc preparation. It has a role in preventing further warts.

Genital wart.

Cryotherapy for wart. Use Zinc preparation to prevent it.

Do I need biopsy for genital warts on penile head?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with genital warts on the penile head. I was given Imiquimod cream to be applied for 10 to 15 minutes in the morning on alternate days and then wash off. The treatment went on for two months. Warts became lighter but did not go completely. It is definitely better than b...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Imiquimod is good medicine for genital wart. It has to be applied thrice a week for 16 weeks. If you see results with Imiquimod, I would suggest you stick to Imiquimod and complete the full course. Other options for genital wart are Podowart application (Podophyllotoxi...  Read Full

I have wart-like lesions in my left groin. Are they genital warts?

Query: Hello doctor, There are soft wart-like lesions in my left groin region. A picture is attached for your reference. It is itchy on and off and it is mildly painful. Is this a genital wart?  Read Full >>

Dr. Kakkar
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and the image attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Yes, they seem like warts. Regards. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full

I am very confused that i have genital warts

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 34 years old female. I am very confused that I have genital warts. I am totally upset and I think it is in starting stage. Please give some advice.  Read Full >>

Dr. Suneetha B S
Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. If you suspect that you have genital warts, it is highly recommended to get yourself examined and get the condition treated. I advise you to meet a gynecologist or dermatologist in your locality. Get it cured by making a correct diagnosis....  Read Full