Q. My penile head turned blackish with horizontal wrinkles in it. Do regular maturbation be the cause?

I am 21 years old. I have been worried because my penis head has turned blackish and I have horizontal wrinkles on it. I masturbate once a day for the past three years and often forget to clean the sperm after masturbating. Please suggest.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

I have gone through the attached images (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and it is true that there is some black discoloration at the glans penis (penis head) but it does not look like symptom of any illness or disease. In other words, it can be stated that poor personal hygiene can be the cause and exercising proper care during bath and otherwise can be of much use.

I must acknowledge that images attached to the query are of low resolution but can be considered of average quality for the initial assessment. In case there is no improvement after improving personal hygiene I recommend you to post high-resolution images on the follow-up query. I must also inform you that slight black pigmentation of the penis can be due to the overproduction of melanin which is responsible for the color of our skin. This generally represents injury to the penis because of some injury due to aggressive masturbation which may be applicable in your case. So it is important to remain gentle with yourself when you hold your penis next time.

I recommend you to wash with a mild cleanser and rinsing thoroughly so that dead skin can be removed which will change the color to the original. It is also recommended to use antioxidants and mineral rich diet in your daily schedule to rejuvenate the skin of the body.

| 

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full »

I have swollen and discolored penis. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been frequently dealing with a red, swollen meatus as well as discoloration on the penis glans. It first began after unprotected oral and vaginal sex with a one night stand three years ago. About two weeks after the original encounter, I began experiencing a burning sensation wh...  Read Full »

Will using Restreta tablet for three months cause hormonal imbalance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old girl. I have very dry and dull skin. My dermatologist recommended me to use Restreta tablet for improving my complexion. I have to take it twice in a day before a meal. I want to know whether there will be any hormonal imbalance because of this tablet. Is it safe fo...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now