Q. Can dehydration be associated with headaches?

Dr. Sugreev Singh

I keep getting headaches throughout the day multiple times for more than a week. I think they are because of less sleep and disturbed sleep cycle, but I want to be sure it is nothing serious. I get a headache when I look down, wake up, and randomly throughout the day.

#

I can understand your concern. There are various causes of headaches, and yes, sleep disturbance can be a cause, and another reason can be due to dehydration. Such a headache is seen when you look down and wake up. So I would suggest you take plenty of fluids and good rest. Consume fluids like juices and water. Please take tablet Dolo 650 once after a meal when the headache is severe. Take it for three days. Do you have any stress? Do you use screens or phones a lot? Please let me know. Thank you.

Sleep disturbance.

CBC (complete blood count), Blood pressure.

Anemia.

Headache.

Tablet Dolo 650 (Acetaminophen 650 mg) once after a meal when the headache is severe for three days.

Drink plenty of water and juices.

|