Q. From the past 1 year, I noticed hearing loss

Dr. Vaishali Mehta
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am a 43 year old male. I am suffering from hearing loss for the past one year. It is severe in the right ear and average in the left. I am facing many problems in office due to this. I visited a doctor and he diagnosed it as otosclerosis after some audio test. My elder sister has such problem.  She is 23 years elder to me. My doctor has advised microsurgery using titanium. What is the best treatment?

#

Otosclerosis is a disease in which the tiny bone of the middle ear gets fixed resulting in hearing loss.

Unfortunately, there is no medicine to cure otosclerosis.

There are two options for you. Surgical treatment entails removal of the stapes with prosthesis replacement.

Patients who refuse surgery can be offered a hearing aid.

For further information consult an audiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/audiologist

|