Q. I have itchy armpits when I use sprays or when there is sweating. Kindly help me.

Dr. Snehal Laul
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

I am 20-year-old. I have had itchy armpits ever since I have used men underarm by the dove. When I use to spray, it starts again. I am using E45 cream. Kindly give your opinion.

#

Is there any history of atopy? What is the nature of rash? Are there any lesions or itchy papules? Are there any annular inflammatory lesions? Is there any irritation, swelling, redness, or excess sweating? Do you use tight occlusive wear? Is there any odor?

Please answer the questions so that I can guide you accordingly.

It is not red. It was only red when I used the dove underarm. It is just itchy every time I put on spray or when there is sweating. Kindly give your opinion.

#

It is a sweat rash with a fungal infection. Another differential is allergic or irritant contact dermatosis. I suggest using Candid dusting powder (Clotrimazole dusting powder) to control sweating after bath for one month. Avoid triggers like exertion or heavy exercises, which can result in sweating, or fragrance-containing sprays that cause irritation to the skin.

I suggest using Luliact (Luliconazole) cream twice daily in the morning and evening for one month, Dersil AF (Ketoconazole, Alovera, Glycerine) body wash or KZ (Ketoconazole) soap for the bath for two months, and tablet Loratidine 10 mg once in a day before breakfast for ten days (if itching occurs).

Wear loose, comfortable thin cotton clothes. Maintain proper hygiene, bath with lukewarm water. Avoid hot water shower. Avoid occlusion or friction. Please avoid scratching or rubbing lesions as it may cause secondary bacterial infection. Avoid sharing towels or soaps to close contacts. Wash clothes separately in hot water and iron them regularly.

Do you have dry, scaly skin or greasy scales on the erythematous base? Are there any dandruff issues or seborrhea? Are you prediabetic or have uncontrolled sugar levels? Is there burning, tender lesion, or current episode? Do you have difficulty in breathing? Is there any aggravation factor like winter, summer, woolen clothes, or food allergies? Are there any drug allergies?

Please answer the questions for further help.

I will try the cream for a month. Should I see my GP as well? Kindly give your opinion.

#

Follow the instructions for 15 days. If there is no improvement, you can consult your GP (general practitioner) as well. Improvement will be seen in few weeks, say three to four weeks.

Please get back if you have further doubts.

|