Medical Advice on "General surgery"

Dr. Medhun Kumar
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a high likely chance since you are symptomatic (pain and swelling). Subjecting to vigorous exercise and history of previous surgery adds to the suspicion. It is better you get evaluated and treated earlier. ... View thread »

Dr. Amar Vennapusa
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your calculated body mass index (BMI) is 30.4 kg/m2. Generally we perform bariatric surgery to achieve permanent weight loss for any patient whose BMI is 30 kg/m2 or above. Liposuction is not a treatment option for ... View thread »

Dr. Madhav
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A pilonidal sinus is more common among men who: 1. Have more hard body hair. 2. Have long working hours (sitting down). 3. Obese. Unfortunately, surgery is the best option for you in going forward. However, as the ... View thread »

Dr. Madhav
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cholelithiasis or gallstones are very common. It is something you should not lose sleep over. However, I would like to know why did your mother undergo an ultrasound? Did she have pain or post-meal dyspepsia? Whilst ... View thread »

Dr. Raghu
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.comAs per the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) submitted, I understand that it was a major accident. She has multiple injuries to various parts. Usually, with such injuries, it is difficult to isolate ... View thread »

Dr. Chirag  Solanki
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to me, it is not compulsory to stop Ranitidine before endoscopy. Sometimes, it may hide the findings of gastritis or an ulcer if taken for a longer time before endoscopy ... View thread »

Dr. Noushif   M
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, you can relax well as there is nothing to worry with this report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The breast lump excision biopsy (the removed lump) has no evidence of cancerous tissue. It ... View thread »

Dr. Yelamanchili  Alekhya
HelIo, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. Lipomas are painless swellings. For lipoma, the best treatment is surgical excision and as it is not a big surgery you can go for it. Consult a general ... View thread »

Dr. Meha  Malhotra
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly I want to ask you whether the diagnosis of lipoma was made by a doctor. Because swellings may be of several types. My advice is to visit a surgeon for an examination in person. The doctor will be able to tell ... View thread »

Dr. Rahul  Goel
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This condition is known as pott's spine. There is a presence of tuberculosis in the spine. It is managed by taking ATT ... View thread »

Ask a General Surgeon »