Q. What is the small fleshy growth in my anus?

Answered by Dr. Arvind Guru and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hemorrhoids or Constipation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What is the small fleshy growth in my anus?

I am a 19 year old female with no past medical history. I experienced constipation for some days, and I saw blood in my stools. I found this small fleshy growth on the anus, which hurts after passing motion. The pain ceases after a few hours. This fleshy growth retracts inside when I contract the surrounding muscles, but it comes out when I relax. It does not cause any pain during other times. I am attaching a picture of this fleshy growth. Please help.