Laser Eye Surgery

Will the ophthalmologist be able to keep my head steady during YAG laser surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I have technical questions regarding the YAG laser surgery. To remove a cloud in my eyes, which occurred many years after cataract surgery. I have a movement of my head, which is gentle, and I cannot rest my head comfortably on the equipment for the operation. Would an ophthalmologist h...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Most YAG (yttrium aluminium garnet) capsulotomy machines come equipped with a headband to prevent head movements during the procedure, so you should not have anything to worry about. The procedure hardly takes five minutes and is not surgery. T...  Read Full »

Is it normal to experience floaters and blind spot after looking into Class 3B laser?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a laser eye injury last year from a Class 3B laser. I stared looking into it for I do not know how long, less than one second though. It was during the performance. I have had some floaters ever since, and three missing spots on an Amsler grid in the left eye. There is one notic...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Class 3B lasers are known to be hazardous to the eye. I presume all these tests were done one year ago, including the attachment you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest you create your own Amslers grid using a piece of paper or ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of glasses?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have vision problem. I am unable to read books for more than half an hour. Also, I am not able to read for 10 minutes in computer. In my right eye the cylindrical power is -1 at axis 130 and in the left eye the cylindrical power was -0.75 at axis 40. What is the best ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got astigmatism. It can be corrected by glasses or contact lenses. If you want to get rid of glasses, then there are different laser procedures like PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) or Femto-Lasik surgery. They are very safe and simple procedures. But, for the ...  Read Full »

What is cylindrical eye power?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 4 years and 10 months old. He has -2.5 cylindrical power in both the eyes. Is it possible for his eyesight to recover? Is this a serious condition at this age? Can it be improved with a diet? Are there any precautions I must take? Could it be due to excessive use of phones and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bachar Khoury

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, his eyesight will not return to normal. But his vision can be corrected with a LASIK surgery after he turns 18. It is not a serious condition. It cannot be improved with diet. You can ensure he takes breaks when reading and watching television. For more ...  Read Full »

Should I stop weight training after laser eye surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been doing weight training for six months but recently my eye specialist told me to not lift heavy weights because I had laser treatment for retinal holes three years ago. So, should I stop weight training completely or should I drop the weights? Currently, I am doing deadlifts a...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no limit of weight lifting as such. But usually heavy weight lifting or strenuous exercise is banned if there are untreated breaks. If breaks are secured with a sufficient laser that usually takes 1 to 2 weeks for maximum effect. But there is always a risk of n...  Read Full »

Will masturbating on next day of laser eye surgery cause any side-effect?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother had an eye trauma. So, he had laser surgery for retina after two months of trauma. But he masturbated the next day of laser surgery (after 19 hours). Will that cause any problem to his retina or retinal nerve? Will it increase intraocular pressure? Please give a detailed an...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation will not have any adverse effect on laser treatment of retina or retina. There may be a minimal increase of intraocular pressure with masturbation but that must be non-significant. Kindly share the file to guide you better.  Read Full »

Kindly explain the difference between IntraLasik and Contoura Lasik?

Query: Hi doctor, What is the difference between IntraLasik and Contoura Lasik?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. IntraLasik is a method in which the corneal flap is taken by laser. In regular Lasik, the corneal flap is taken by a mechanical device which has a metal blade. The rest of the procedures are the same. Contoura vision is a personalized Lasik in which the laser correction...  Read Full »

My eye power is high. Please guide me with any solution.

Query: Dear Doctor, My eye power is very high. re sph 4.25 cycl 4.75 axis 180. le sph 5.25 cycl 3.50 axis is 10. Weight 60 kg, Age 19 years, male, height 6 feet, vegetarian. Guide me with any solution.  Read Full »

Dr. N. Sathian

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you are 19 years old, we need to see whether your power has stabilised. If so, we can reduce your refractive power either through LASIK (laser eye surgery/laser vision correction) or through ICL implantation (Implantable Collamer Lens), based on your eye's fitness ...  Read Full »

I am in dire need to reduce my eye power to be declared fit for my recruitment.Please explain the treatment options and potential risks involved.

Query: Hello doctor, I had retinal vasculitis 8 years ago (no recent activity confirmed by doctors). I am 23 years old and my eye power has been constant in the last 4 years (-8D). I am in dire need to reduce my eye power to be declared fit for my recruitment. Please explain the treatment options and poten...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you are having refractive error of  -8 dioptres. Since it is constant without any further variation and your age is more than 18 years, you can undergo laser correction of your refractive power. This is called as...  Read Full »

Which is best between SMILE and Contoura Vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I have to get a spectacles removal surgery but because of a thin cornea, I cannot have LASIK. So, the doctor suggested SMILE. But now I have read some disadvantages of SMILE. There is one more called Contoura Vision which is considered to be the best. Can you please guide me that with...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Each procedure has its own pros and cons. SMILE (Small Incision Lenticule Extraction) is a good technique with good results. I did in many patients and the result was very nice. It does not correct any imperfections of the cornea which can be done by the Contoura v...  Read Full »