Q. Is it normal to have neck pain and headache with CD4 count 466 in HIV patient?

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi

I was diagnosed with HIV four months back and started ARV immediately by the count of CD4 baseline 466 and been experiencing shingles in the same month. One month before that, my result was NR. Just a week ago, my neck started to pain, accompanied with a slight to moderate headache and my lips are twitching and it is so hard for me to wake up in the morning. What should I do? Is this normal? I am taking LTE and Isoniazid for anti-Tb but I do not have Tb.

#

With CD4 at 466, it is very rare to get brain infections to cause a headache and as you are not having a fever, this headache has no relationship with HIV or OI (opportunistic infection). Neck pain is maybe a sprain or due to HIV induced myalgia. HAART (highly active anti-retroviral therapy) treatment would be sufficient and simple Aceclofenac is enough. Efavirenz has a tendency to cause heavyness in the morning. It is due to a drug. Nothing to worry. Isoniazid is given to clear latent TB infection. Complete the course.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

| 

Are my symptoms indicative of HIV infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having hot breaths, and my eyes feel hot. I have acidity problems. All these problems started after I had sexual intercourse. Is it an indication of HIV? Should I get a western blot test now?  Read Full »

Why is there neck pain on turning to side?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my neck whenever I turn it to the left, occurring in the back left-hand side of my neck, and this has been happening for the last six months. I am currently on no medication. I am a female, age 15, 5'5".  Read Full »

How to check if the blood circulation to the head and neck is fine?

Query: Hi doctor, A physiotherapist did some manipulation with my neck and since then when I fall asleep at night, my arms, hands, upper back (area just below the neck) and brain feels weird as if blood supply is cut. This happens several times during the night while I am sleeping and these symptoms go aw...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a HIV AIDS Specialist Now