Q. Is it normal to have neck pain and headache with CD4 count 466 in HIV patient?

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi

I was diagnosed with HIV four months back and started ARV immediately by the count of CD4 baseline 466 and been experiencing shingles in the same month. One month before that, my result was NR. Just a week ago, my neck started to pain, accompanied with a slight to moderate headache and my lips are twitching and it is so hard for me to wake up in the morning. What should I do? Is this normal? I am taking LTE and Isoniazid for anti-Tb but I do not have Tb.

#

With CD4 at 466, it is very rare to get brain infections to cause a headache and as you are not having a fever, this headache has no relationship with HIV or OI (opportunistic infection). Neck pain is maybe a sprain or due to HIV induced myalgia. HAART (highly active anti-retroviral therapy) treatment would be sufficient and simple Aceclofenac is enough. Efavirenz has a tendency to cause heavyness in the morning. It is due to a drug. Nothing to worry. Isoniazid is given to clear latent TB infection. Complete the course.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

|