Q. Can you please analyze my HIV RNA PCR test report?

I have done the RNA PCR test (viral load test) done from a lab here. I am attaching the report. Kindly let me now the status of the report.

#

I have gone through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• The report suggests that you have a negligible amount of hepatitis B viral load and the interpretation is negative. It means that you do not need medication for treatment. Only symptomatic treatment is required.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

But, what do you mean by symptomatic treatment? Can you explain?

#

• Since you have carried out viral load test you must be suffering from hepatitis. If the viral load is large, medications are required in the treatment. Otherwise, dietary changes are sufficient to treat it.

That is alright. But, this viral load test was for HIV screening. As per the report, it is negative. Am I correct?

#

• Since HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) is transmitted through blood, and so is hepatitis B virus, the screening of HBV (hepatitis B virus) is also mandatory along with HIV testing.
  • As per the report, the viral load is negligible. So, you are not a carrier of hepatitis B virus.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|