Q. I am under homeopathy medication for allergy. Are my HIV test results conclusive?

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
This is a premium question & answer published on May 31, 2021 and last reviewed on: Jul 05, 2021

I had intercourse with a commercial sex worker around one and a half years ago. I had an accidental touch of my penis with her vagina. I do not know if any of her fluid touched my penis. After that, we had protective intercourse from that date. I have taken many CMIA fourth-generation combination tests on the seventh day, twentieth day, thirty-fifth day, ninety-first day, and hundred and eighty-seventh day. All are negative. But since then, I am under stress. I am taking homeopathy medicine for allergy for two to three years. My allergies became worse since that day. Is it due to stress or HIV? Will the allergy tablets affect my test result. My wife wants to plan for a baby, but I am hesitant. Can I live my normal life again? Are my tests conclusive? Please guide me.

#

The accidental contact which you mentioned comes in low-risk exposure. But, it is really good to know that HIV (human immunodeficiency) combination test is negative on the ninety-first day and the hundred and eighty-seventh day. The testing recommendations are to get tested at the third and fourth week of last exposure. If the result is negative, get a confirmatory HIV antibody test at three months of last exposure. There is no need to repeat the test further if there is no more exposure. Your test results are quite assuring. If there is no more exposure, the test result will be considered conclusive. You can surely relax and can move forward. It is unlikely that your medications will affect the HIV antibody test result. For the mentioned allergies, I need to see the picture of lesions or the complete description required to diagnose. This could be due to varied reasons and does not necessarily mean HIV. Remember, your test is negative. As mentioned above, if there is no further exposure, the test will be considered conclusive.

I hope your query is answered, but you can surely get back if you have any further questions.

|