Q. I need to lose 7 kg to attain normal weight. Can you please guide me?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I need to lose 7 kgs. My main concern is to lose upper body fat especially belly fat. I want to know some at home exercise and very normal diet plan. I have gained weight and I want to get my previous weight soon. I have not taken medications for this problem. All the lab tests was found to be normal.

#

You cannot lose fat only from one part of the body but help one part lose more than the rest You need a regular exercise plan which should be done 45-60 minn a day 5-6 days a week This should include both aerobic and weight training. Aim to burn more calories than you consume. Keep you calorie intake to less than 2000KCal. Exercise should be fairly intensive to keep your heart rate between 60-85 percent of your max heart rate calculated by( 220 - your current age) for atleast 30-45 min of your exercises period.

Also concentrate on the core strengthening exercises like crunches, planks, bridges, straight leg raises Mobilization of the fat occurs more when there is constant mobilization of the part that you want to have the fat removed from. In addition hot pack on your belly will help not make sure that they do not burn the skin. Take plenty of water and you can wear a abdominal corset which will help the skin and allow the feeling is full stomach when to eat food. Swimming ,dancing, yoga with more emphasis on the asans that engage the core will help For the same for 3 months to see the effect

Could you please suggest any type of food that I should avoid to speed up the weight loss process. I have given the above piece of info just to give you an idea about the food habits of mine. Also one more thing, can continue exercising during my periods or should I take a break. Awaiting your reply at the earliest.

#

You should eat the routine food that you eat as eating food that is alien to your taste will only lead to more missed goals as you are likely to cheat. Avoid foods that have processed and refined sugars. you can even try intermittent fasting with food window between 6am to 2 pm Or 2 pm to 8 pm which ever suits your comfort. Better to have good with Also exercise during periods is not a no. no, this is however dependent on how you feel during periods, some ladies feel tired others feel fatigued while some others have no issues.

|