Q. I get occasional instability in walking with tinnitus and nausea. Kindly help.

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

I am a 59-year-old female. I have occasional instability when walking, pressure in the left half of the head, headache, constipation and tinnitus, and occasional nausea. I recently made medical tests, and I have attached it. I am not taking any medication at the moment.

#

Unfortunately, I cannot access your test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Could you please upload them as images?

Regarding your concern, your symptoms could be related to different possible causes:

1. Lot of stress.

2. Neurodegenerative disorder.

3. Chronic degeneration of the cervical vertebral column.

4. Vitamin B12 or vitamin D deficiency.

5. Thyroid hormone dysfunction.

6. Blood pressure fluctuations.

I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need.

Please find my attached MRI and CT.

#

I saw your test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would explain that it seems to be a structural abnormality in your skull bone in the left parietal and temporal lobe, which could be related to past head trauma, surgery, or a brain tumor (meningioma). Have you had surgery or head trauma before?

I recommend consulting with a radiologist for the MRI report and consulting with a neurologist for a physical exam. Surgery may be needed.

Regarding your symptoms, gait instability, pressure on the left half of the head, tinnitus and headaches could be related to this brain lesion. But constipation is not related to any other symptoms. I would recommend trying lactulose to help to solve the problem.

|