Q. Why do I have weight loss, nausea, indigestion and pain in lower abdomen?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar S

I am a 41-year-old male. I am having symptoms of weight loss, nausea, gas, burping, indigestion, and pain in the lower abdomen. I have lost about 10 kilograms in a year. Recently, I have done a UGI endoscopy. I am attaching my reports. Please advise me.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are having H pylori (Helicobacter pylori) infection. Take Amoxicillin 1000 mg twice daily. Take Clarithromycin 500 mg twice daily and Omeprazole 40 mg twice daily for three months. Avoid drinking alcohol and stop smoking if you have these habits. Take non-spicy foods which are easily digestible. Do not eat fast foods. Drink a cup of cold milk daily. Avoid eating fatty foods.

|