Q. I always get bitten by mosquitoes. Why?

Dr. Albana Greca
Published on Jul 31, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 21, 2019

I am always bitten by mosquitoes. I am the only person who is bitten here in our house. The insect bite remains red for days, then will eventually turn dark. I want to ask is there something in my blood? And what remedies can I use to lighten my scars?

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

To understand why mosquitoes do bite you always, you should know what attracts them to get you bitten:

1. CO2 production as per metabolic rate because mosquitoes are attracted by it.

2. Obese, overweight people with low metabolic rate.

3. Wearing dark clothes.

4. Mosquitoes do tend to bite when it is dawn, when it is high humidity and less windy, so try to use a fan at that time to keep them away. All the best.

I have excessive body hair and obesity. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have had PCOS for over a decade now. I initially saw a gynecologist who tried oral contraceptive pills, microgynon, and spironolactone. She did a battery of blood tests and ultrasounds to confirm I have the condition. A general physician prescribed Metformin a few years back. All of the...  Read Full »

My kid has little bumps on her finger. Is it an insect bite?

Query: Hi doctor,My daughter is 2 years and seven months old. From five days, she has little bumps on her finger and she is having an itching sensation especially during nights. This happened after she played with clay in the garden. I am assuming it to be some insect bite. I am not sure though. Please adv...  Read Full »

Lifestyle Modification for Obesity

Article Overview: Obesity - the brand old term which is the main cause of all health issues world over. Here are some simple tips to control weight gain and being obese. Read Article

Dr. Indhupriyadharshini

Obesity has become the initial cause of all major health issues like cardiovascular, hypertension, diabetes, etc., which leads to other dangerous health issues. This obesity has now become a major epidemic in humans. So, how do we deal with this? We have three steps to change our life completely in...  Read Article