Q. Will taking Iron supplements make ferritin levels better?

I have an iron deficiency for three months and have been using Iron supplements. My ferritin is still low though, so I am using Iron supplements still. My question is, my RBC has been increased to 4.52, hemoglobin is also gradually increasing to its normal levels (11.2). Now it is on its normal levels but hematocrit was increased too yet it is still low (35.0 %) at this point, am I anemic? The more I use Iron supplements, will my results become better gradually? I really need to know.

Hematology Pathology
#

Serum ferritin reflects the iron store. Whenever an Iron supplement is started, the iron store is replenished in last. So gradually your ferritin and iron level will come back to normal. Your RBC and PCV (packed cell volume) are not much altered. So do not worry about that.

So you are having mild anemia. You can investigate with stool routine micro examination and occult blood test to exclude any parasitic infestation which can lead to a small amount of bleeding from the intestine and so anemia can worsen.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|