Q. I had some tests for my irregular periods and would like to have an overview of it.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 28 year old married female. My weight is 63 kg and height is 5'1". I have a problem with irregular periods. I was on Ovral L tablet for three months and my periods were regular until last month. Again, I did not have a period of this current month.  I had some tests, and I would like to have an overview of it.

#

I have gone through your query and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• For sure it is not pregnancy. You have polycystic ovaries (PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome), which are causing this irregular period problem.
  • You will have to exercise and reduce weight. Also, meet your gynecologist with the reports.
  • The gynecologist will start you with hormonal pills and a few other supplements, which will help you to deal with the situation. Take care.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|