Q. When to expect periods after taking tablet Dronis 30 mg for 21 days?

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

I have irregular periods. I started taking tablet Dronis 30 mg 25 days back and continued the medication for 21 days. I took the medicine every night after food. I noticed spotting on the next day of my medication, and it lasted for two days. And also, I got intimate five days after taking the medication. Again my second dose for the next 21 days starts from tomorrow. When should I expect my periods? I have tested thyroid, all profile and sugar tests, and all hormonal tests. The results are negative. I have not done any tests for PCOS till now.

Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern.

Spotting immediately after taking any hormonal pills is due to hormonal changes, and it is considered a minor side effect. The spotting will go away in the following cycles. If you have been taking the pills regularly (same time every day), there are no chances of getting pregnant. Since you had completed the course of medication five days ago, you should get your period by this week that is two to seven days after the pill.

So if you have not got your period within the expected date, do a pregnancy test to confirm that you are not pregnant and then start your pill for the next cycle as scheduled earlier and continue them regularly, even if you do not get periods. Because it takes two to three cycles for regular menstruation.

I hope this was useful.

If you have any other particular questions, do get in touch.

|