Q. I feel itching inside the penis. What should I do?

Dr. Karthik Rajan
and medically reviewed by Dr.Lekshmipriya B
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 26, 2018 and last reviewed on: Feb 11, 2022

I feel itching inside my penis for a few days. Please advise what to do. May I consult a urologist?

#

I have gone through your query. I would like to know a few more details too.

1. How is your urine stream?
  2. Do you have to wake up at night to pass urine?
  3. Do you have diabetes?

The possible reason would be either a urinary tract infection or infection at the top of the penis. This can be confirmed by a urologist on clinical examination and urine tests. A 29-gram prostate is slightly enlarged for your age. However, if you have no urinary complaints, it would not require any further treatment.

|