Q. I got a UTI two years back. Do I need to check my kidney function every 15 days?

Image: I got a UTI two years back.  Do I need to check my kidney function every 15 days?

I have a question about kidney function. I had a urinary tract infection about two years ago. From that period, I am doing blood tests to evaluate the kidney function every 15 days. My urine test is always within normal range, and no protein or glucose has been found. My blood creatinine and urea are also within the normal range. Creatinine goes from 70 to 88, and urea is always steady at 4 to 5. The eGFR last time was 130 using creatinine and cystatin from the blood. My question is, can kidney function degrade so fast? Do I need to check it so often? The doctor that suggested to do checks on a regular basis is not a specialist in urology. He just told me that kidney diseases do not show symptoms until it is too late. I am not diabetic, my blood pressure is normal, and no one in my family has any issues with kidneys. How often should I check my kidney function? Thank you very much.