Q. Kindly interpret my mom's ECG report taken for left shoulder pain.

Dr. Isaac Gana

My mom has undergone an ECG test, and we would like to get the ECG graph interpreted by a cardiologist and would also like to understand whether her heart is healthy functioning well or there is any problem. I noticed from the past few days. She is also complaining about a slight pain in the backside of the left shoulder.

#

Sorry to hear about your mom's pain. I have gone through the result you attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The result is within the normal limits. There is nothing in the result if that is off-limits.

Does the pain cause her to have shortness of breath? Is there associated dizziness? Does she have a history of stomach ulcers? Is the chest pain relieved by eating or worsened by hunger? What medications is she on?

No, the pain does not cause any shortness of breath nor any dizziness. Sometimes once a month, she feels shortness of breath or uncomfortable during the night, and after having a glass of water and sitting ideal for 5 minutes, things become normal. Not sure why this happens, though. She does not have any stomach ulcer but has a gastric problem sometimes.

Yes, you are right. The pain reduces after eating food. She does not have any medicine related to this. She is taking her regular medicine, one for high blood pressure, and another is a Calcium supplement.

#

It is most likely due to a stomach ulcer. I advise you to see a general practitioner. She needs to do some investigations.

|