Q. Can you suggest a medicine for Loose Motion?

Answered by
Dr. Rashi Verma
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Hi doctor,

I am suffering from loose motion since today morning. Can you suggest a medicine?

Do you have a question on Loose Motion or Ofloxacin?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Rashi Verma

Family Physician General Practitioner


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Loose motion usually spontaneously subsides within a day or two. Usually people who travel more frequetly will get affected easily and hence it is adviced for them to take ORS with them.

Let's have ORS (oral rehydration salt) solution, and take a few sips for every few minutes. And after loose motion, wait for a while and then have ORS to compensate for the water that is lost.

Eat bland diet. Avoid milk, spicy and fatty food. Preferably eat bananas, rice and other light food.

Loose motion should subside by this. However, if it is not controlled in a day or two, take tablet O2 (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole combination) twice a day for 5 days. This is an antibiotic which is useful in bacterial infections. If the infection is viral, antibiotics have no role. It needs to be just treated by ORS solution itself.

Related Questions & Answers

I am having loose motions and stomach cramps. Can you suggest a tablet?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 50 years old lady. I am having loose motions and stomach cramps for the last two days. Can you suggest a tablet?  Read Full »
Dr. Saumya Mittal
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest the following: An antibiotic like Metrogyl 400 thrice a day. An antacid like tablet Pan 40 once a day. Multivitamin like capsule Becosule once a day. Probiotic like Sporolac sachet thrice a day. Plenty of fluids and ORS. Consult a specialist docto...  Read Full »
How to control loose motions in a 1 month old baby?
Query: Hello doctor, I have a 1 month old boy baby, his mother died during the delivery. We feed him cow's milk, but he is having loose motions. How to control the loose motions?  Read Full »
Dr. Babu Lal Meena
Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is so sad to hear about his mom. First, we need to clarify whether he has diarrhea, because sometimes, increased frequency of stools due to gastrocolic reflex may be considered as diarrhea. If he has diarrhea, then we need to look at the causes, for example, infecti...  Read Full »
My husband has loose motions and lower abdomen pain. Please help.
Query: Hi doctor, My husband is 28 years old. He had diarrhea before three days. He had vomited once and loose motions for about 7 to 8 times. Then, it stopped after taking Enterogermina thrice and he also had Electral. Then, the next day, he had outside food, but bland and non-spicy. He again has loose ...  Read Full »
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the information. Looking at the data posted, I feel that the patient is dehydrated. Kindly give plenty of liquids like water with ORS (oral rehydration salts), fruit juices, coconut water and stay hydrated. Hydration is the main treatme...  Read Full »


Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Doctor Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.