Q. Why do I have problem in focusing on things?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 18, 2021

I have lots of problems focusing on things. I lack confidence in dealing with the public and get nervous in a social gathering. I become irritated when something wrong happens and always have negative ideas. I have hydrophobia too. Please help.

#

I read your query and can understand your concerns. The presence of negative thoughts, irritability, irrational fear, and low self-esteem indicates the possibility of clinically major depressive disorder. I like to assure you that this is a treatable condition, and there is no need to worry. Before you can move forward, it is essential to manage stress by regular exercise and to eat healthy food. In addition, you need to visit a psychiatrist for further evaluation and treatment. If it is not possible for you to see a psychiatrist in person, you can have an online consultation.

|