Common "Mood Swings" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Mood Swings

Mood swing causes abrupt mood changes. It can occur due to hormonal changes, mental health conditions, and substance use. Other reasons to have mood swings are stress, medications, and disturbance in sleeping habits. Extreme mood swings are seen in conditions of bipolar disorder, schizoaffective disorder, dysthymia, and personality disorder. It is also commonly seen in women with premenstrual syndrome. It is managed by doing exercise regularly, having an adequate sleep, and following relaxation techniques.