Mood Swings

Please suggest some foods that help in menstrual cramps.

Query: Hello doctor, It would be very useful for women to know how to have a better period. For instance, are there foods that can lessen the bloat? Are there any techniques that can relieve cramps? Are there any approaches that can help with the anxiety and mood swings associated with our cycles? Please ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few things that you can try before the period starts, which would help to make it less painful and some which you can try during the period. When you are not having a period include physical exercise (at least 30 minutes) to increase the strength of your bo...  Read Full »

I have problems focusing on things. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have lots of problem in focusing on things. I do lack of confidence in dealing with public and get nervous in social gathering. I become irritated when something wrong happens and always have negative ideas. I have hydrophobia too. Please help.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Presence of negative thoughts, irritability, irrational fear and low self-esteem indicates toward possibility of clinically major depressive disorder. I like to assure you that this is totally treatable condition and there i...  Read Full »

How long does it take for Desvenlafaxine to be effective?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 42 years old male. I had low mood with anxiety problem around two years back. I was on Desvenlafaxine 50 mg ER tablet prescribed by GP. I took it for around eight months and felt better. Then I consulted my psychiatrist and told that I have only anxiety. So, he prescribed Clonazepa...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Desvenlafaxine is a good antidepressant and anti-anxiety drug. The drug should be continued for long time to see its full effects. Drugs like Benzodiazepines (Clonazepam, Alprazolam or Nitrazepam) can help to control anxiety symptoms i...  Read Full »

Is there any medicine to control bad mood swings and short-temper?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from heavy mood swings. If something is happening against my will, I lose my patience and I am not able to tolerate this. That phase is very short like for a few minutes, but in that short phase, I threw something or grumble my teeth or utter bad words to anyone who is...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I must assure you that there are multiple medications which can be used to control anger. Most of these medications stabilize your brain and help in controlling mood swings after a trivial incident. The ...  Read Full »

Is an arachnoid cyst dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to know how bad or serious is type II (Galassi) arachnoid cyst located on the left temporal lobe? Can it be responsible for mood fluctuations, depression and/or panic attacks? There are no clear symptoms, but only mild depression (also had recent changes in life and my father ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devavrat Harihar Nene

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are no clear evidence in the literature favoring arachnoid cyst as a primary cause of any psychiatric disturbances. Having said that its size does affect the lobe functions if it is compressing it. So basically if you have symptoms that are not responding to the...  Read Full »

What are the medications advisable for patient with TB, mood swings, and low BP?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 67 years old. She has the following health issues: Type 2 diabetes mellitus without complications, high blood pressure disorder, aneurysm, fluid in the lungs, (HFpEF) heart failure with preserved ejection fraction, atrial fibrillation (irregular heartbeat), collection of...  Read Full »

Dr. Diwanshu

Pharmacologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, stay calm and support her fully. I understand it is tough to stay calm and there are too many medicines to take but she can do this. All drugs are correct for the treatment. TB drugs are very important and one must complete the treatment. Rifampicin is the...  Read Full »

I have extreme lows and highs, unstable relationships and anger control issues. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have recently noticed that I have been having a pattern of symptoms since I was a teen, which have gotten worse in recent years. I have extreme lows and highs, unstable relationships and anger control issues. I have noticed that I do not react to bad news the way people around me do. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are reporting symptoms like mood fluctuations, unstable relationships, anger control issues, self harm, substance abuse, etc. I can understand why you feel like having a personality disorder but these symptoms can also happen in people without personality disorde...  Read Full »

A 14-year-old boy is suffering from mood swings and suicidal thought. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to discuss about one of my family members. He is a teenager and he is 14 years old. I want to discuss his up and down moods. Is it just because he is a teen? His mood is very strange I think so when he is really happy or high I call it, he does stuff like he has enough ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Gohil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, I find that the patient sometimes is high and sometimes depressed. Though some more details about the symptoms are required, however, I may say that the patient is suffering from bipolar affective disorder. As the name suggests it has two poles. The...  Read Full »

Are mood swings, nausea, and hungry indicate pregnancy after missed Depo-Provera?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old female. I have been on Depo-Provera for six years. I am not taking any other medications. Lately, I have been experiencing severe mood swings and have not been myself. One minute I am dancing around the room and could not be happier, the next I am either crying or v...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The home pregnancy test is fairly sensitive and very unlikely to miss pregnancy (except in very early pregnancy). If you suspect pregnancy strongly, you can repeat a home pregnancy test again after a week if period does not start. Most of your symptoms can be either due...  Read Full »

Why am I having mood swings from excited to depressed state?

Query: Hello doctor, I have these big changes in my mood and activity levels. I will swing from feelings of euphoria and lots of energy during this time. I am extremely aggitated, my thoughts race and I feel as if I do not need much sleep. But I will then crash to an extremely depressive state where I wil...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Singh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In order to make an accurate diagnosis, some more detailed information is required about your symptoms such as when did it begin, how long do they last, what exactly you feel in depression, have you taken any medicines for it previously, is there any family history ...  Read Full »