Mood Swings

Why do I feel as if my friend is using me monetarily?

Query: Hi doctor, I do not have any health issue. But, I am not in mental peace with my close friends. I do something that is unintentional and it bothers my friends. This creates a sense of agony in me; it bothers me a lot as I overthink. The issue can be very small and negligible, but I think that one of...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. The feeling that your friends are using you for money could be occurring due to trust issues. This results in a reaction formation and ultimately results in worsening of the situation. To prevent sudden reactions try to remain calm. Try to find out the cause for reacti...  Read Full »

How to fix my long term concentration problems with excessive mood swings?

Query: Hello doctor, I have trouble concentrating. It feels like my mind is always in a thousand different places at once and it is hard to keep in it one place or thought. I have excessive moods and sway from one thing to next all the time. I also have a constant voluntary shaking of my leg. I need some...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long have you been having trouble with concentration, mood swings, and restless legs? There are several different possible reasons that can cause these symptoms. For example, if these symptoms were present since childhood we may need to consider ADD/ADHD (atten...  Read Full »

Will Levetiracetam for epilepsy result in mood changes?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with epilepsy in late 2016, and have been taking Levetiracetam since then (500 mg twice a day). I have been concerned that it is affecting my mental health. I have been experiencing anxiety, depression, irritability, and anger which is very out of character for me. It ...  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra K Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your assumption is right, Levetiracetam causes behavioral disturbance as a side effect. There are two options now, 1. To taper off the Levetiracetam - if you have not experienced any seizure or aura in the last four years then we can go straight away with gradual tape...  Read Full »

How to stop self-harming behavior?

Query: Hi doctor, I struggle to focus and I cannot concentrate on my studies. I just think about other things, not always bad things, but sometimes I think about throwing myself out the window. When I am asked a question or if there are some people around, I used to get panic and struggle to answer. My vo...  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you are describing, it appears that there is a personality disorder. It is not a disease, just a kind of personality that is not very adaptable. This also means that there is nothing to be ashamed of or worried about as far as the diagnosis is concerned. This is...  Read Full »

How to deal with my behavior change and mood swings due to major sleeping problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I have major sleeping problems where I do not get sleep at night sometimes until late or sometimes at all. I also have a lot of mood swings where I am really happy at times and the next second my mood switches. I feel very confused about my behavior and in general, I do not like interact...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am so sorry to hear about your situation, I can imagine how hard it must be for you. With the little information that I have, I think your sleep issues are just an external expression of underlying anxiety. It is the fear that is keeping you awake so to help you with y...  Read Full »

Please suggest ways to overcome ego problems at office.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. After completion of school and I did not join college for eight years. Then I joined a diploma course. My father consulted many psychiatrists to find out my problem. Unfortunately, I was admitted by one doctor in nursing home for around three months for treatment. I hat...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After reading the history I can say that your main current issue is difficulty in continuing a job for long. You perform well in interviews and get selected for jobs but not able to continue the job. I want to know what kind of difficulties you face during the job? What i...  Read Full »

Are hourly mood swings typically seen in depression?

Query: I have been having hourly mood swings [ somtimes 10-20 minutes ] Im not sure i will be fine then im sad lke super sad and then i have this burst of energy . I cant even get out of bed . Is this normal for depression? I have been diagnosed with these: dermatillomania. Anxitey Depression with...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello. what are your symptoms exactly? If they are of depression, then the treatment with an SSRI is ideally given for 6 months or so. Basically if you are depressed, you will feel irritable, low, feel like crying, sad, don’t wish to eat , have difficulty sleep, there can be anxiety, tirednes...  Read Full »

How to deal with alternative anxiety phase and extreme mood swings?

Query: Hi doctor, I get in a depressive phase for a while and I cannot seem to get out of it and then I feel completely fine like nothing happened. So I did not tend to take any actions. But it is recently been affecting my personal and work life. I tend to not feel like myself. Currently, I am on Lame...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Nagda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What are your symptoms exactly? If they are of depression, then the treatment with SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) is ideally given for six months or so. The Lamez 25 (Lamotrigine) is just a mood stabilizer, if the psychiatrist is suspecting bipolar di...  Read Full »

Please suggest some foods that help in menstrual cramps.

Query: Hello doctor, It would be very useful for women to know how to have a better period. For instance, are there foods that can lessen the bloat? Are there any techniques that can relieve cramps? Are there any approaches that can help with the anxiety and mood swings associated with our cycles? Please ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few things that you can try before the period starts, which would help to make it less painful and some which you can try during the period. When you are not having a period include physical exercise (at least 30 minutes) to increase the strength of your bo...  Read Full »

I have problems focusing on things. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have lots of problem in focusing on things. I do lack of confidence in dealing with public and get nervous in social gathering. I become irritated when something wrong happens and always have negative ideas. I have hydrophobia too. Please help.  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Presence of negative thoughts, irritability, irrational fear and low self-esteem indicates toward possibility of clinically major depressive disorder. I like to assure you that this is totally treatable condition and there i...  Read Full »