HomeAnswersObstetrics and GynecologymicropenisIs there any treatment available for micropenis?

Is the penile length of 2.9 inches considered a micropenis, and how to increase my penis size?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 11, 2021
Reviewed AtSeptember 25, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am a 27-year-old male. My height is 5.9 feet and my weight is 165 lbs. I had rashes in my penis, and I consulted a doctor. I was diagnosed with balanitis, phimosis, and micropenis. My penis is 2.9 inches in length when stretched fully. The doctor also suggested me consult an endocrinologist as she suspected I have a micropenis. Is this considered a micropenis? If so, is there a treatment to increase the size of my penis? Why do I have phimosis even after being circumcised?

Thank you.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I understand your concern.

Though phimosis is more common in uncircumcised children, it can also occur in adults, with the primary cause being infection. Infections cause the foreskin to swell and tighten around the tip of the penis head or at the base of the penis head. Even circumcised men have a portion of the foreskin left behind, and infection can cause this part to swell and constrict around the head of the penis. If you are unable to pull back the portion of the remaining foreskin, that would suggest phimosis. According to the picture attached, the cause of your penile rash is balanitis and not phimosis (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). Hence treatment with an antifungal is advised.

A penis length of less than 3.5 inches when it is stretched maximum is considered a micropenis. As the size mentioned by you is 2.9 inches, it is a micropenis. I would suggest you get hormonal tests and chromosomal analysis to diagnose the underlying cause of the micropenis. Also, consultation with an endocrinologist is advised to rule out any hormonal conditions leading to micropenis. The only treatment to increases the length of the penis is surgery. But before treatment, it is vital to find the underlying cause.

I hope this is useful.


Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston
Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy