iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersInternal MedicinemigraineI am suffering from migraine headaches regularly. Kindly help.

Which medications would help a person overcome recurrent headaches while using the phone or studying for a long time?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At March 11, 2023
Reviewed AtNovember 29, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am suffering from headaches on and daily or weekly basis. I can not use the phone for a long time or study for a long time. I am using glasses too. I guess I am suffering from migraines. What should I do? Can you suggest me some medicine?

Kindly help.

Answered by Dr. Sumaiya Jamil


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Thank you for your query.

Headaches can be caused due to many reasons.

  1. Migraines are severe headaches on the side or front, often accompanied by nausea and vomiting.
  2. Tension headache on both sides feels like a band around the head.
  3. Cluster headache.
  4. Sinus headache with a blocked nose and facial or frontal pain.
  5. Depending on the cause headache, treatment is given.
  6. Usually, counter pain killer helps, such as Paracetamol and Ibuprofen.
  7. If it is a migraine, then the tablet Sumatriptan 50 mg can be taken once a day.
  8. Sinus headaches are relieved by decongestants and nasal sprays.
  9. Antibiotics are given if there is a bacterial infection. Avoid the triggers that cause headaches.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Sumaiya Jamil
Dr. Sumaiya Jamil

General Practitioner

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Internal Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy