Q. Why am i having a terrible headache and feel like my head is going to explode?

Dr. Arpit Varshney
and medically reviewed by Dr.Meera Premanand

I had terrible migraine pain, and I have been feeling tired. I feel like my head is going to explode. Please help.

#

The medicines you have tried for migraine are old and low strength medicines. There are much better treatment options for controlling migraine. For now, I will suggest you tablet Propranolol 40 mg at night daily and tablet Topiramate 25 mg once a day for one week, then 50 mg once a day for another week, and then 100 mg once a day. Along with this tablet, take Flunarizine 5 mg once a day in the morning. These three medications are for the prevention of migraine that prevents further attacks. In case of an acute attack, take tablet Dolo 650 mg. If it does not resolve, then tablet Naproxen 500 mg, and if it still does not resolve, then take tablet Rizatriptan 10 mg. However, I would like you to do some investigations since you have had severe migraine for a long time. An EEG and MRI for the brain will help you. Avoid tea, coffee, smoking, alcohol, and junk foods (take in a limited amount, do not entirely stop). You can revert to me with reports or discuss them with your local physician.

|