Q. I missed my periods after I stopped using birth control pills. Why?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

I am a 19 year old female, who weighs around 120 lbs, and I am 5.4 feet tall. I stopped using birth control around a month ago after being on it for about a year. This would have been the time I would get my period if I were still on it, but I am a week late. I have been having symptoms of backaches, headaches, cramps, bloating, random uterus twitching, but no bleeding. I took a pregnancy test this morning, but it was negative. I will add that before birth control, I had very irregular periods, and I saw a doctor and gynecologist. They said that nothing was wrong. But something has to be if wrong if I am not getting periods. Maybe estrogen levels or thyroid or pituitary problems. I am not sure, and I am just looking for clarification. Thanks.

#

• Since you have stopped your contraceptive pill, there could be hormonal changes due to which you are not getting your periods. Also, get your complete blood count and thyroid profile done.
  • Avoid having sex till then. There is nothing to worry about, but better to get checked once. Do get back to me with reports, so that I can guide you further.

Take care.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|