Q. My recent MRI taken for multiple sclerosis shows no new lesion. Is this a good sign?

Answered by Dr. Ardit Tela and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Multiple Sclerosis or Mri? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 34-years-old female. Last year I was diagnosed with MS. I had an MRI scan with the contract last year, which showed up lesions in the brain and two were active at that time. I had another MRI last week and got my results today. It shows no new lesions or activity also the lesions I had have shrunken. Is this a good sign? I read if lesions heal, that means the MS is progressing is this right? I have had dizziness for over a year, and it is not going away. I cannot understand it as I have no active lesions, and the ones I did have are healing.