Q. How can we increase the neutrophil count?

Dr. Rahul Kackar

I am 37 years old female with intermittent low-grade fever, chronic fatigue, and generalized pain. My CBC shows neutropenia for the past 3 to 5 years.

My pain and fatigue are getting worse. Can you help me with this?

#

I would like to know if there are any localizing symptoms like cough, diarrhea or constipation, or burning sensation while passing urine. Are your periods regular? Are your stress levels normal? Do you have a loss of appetite or noticed weight loss in recent years? How is your overall digestion? Have you taken any other blood tests like thyroid profile (blood test done to measure the level of thyroid hormone in the blood)?

Also, please tell me the list of medications you have taken so far, including multivitamins.

There is no cough, diarrhea or constipation, or burning sensation. Also, there is no weight loss or loss of appetite, and my digestion seems to be normal. Thyroid levels have been tested till last year, and it is normal. The stress level is also fair. I have not taken any medications so far except Vitamin C tablets.

#

As you do not have any other symptoms and also since your appetite and weight are stable, I do not want to investigate you further at this point. It looks more like chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) or fibromyalgia. I would suggest you with the following lifestyle regimen for three to four weeks, and after seeing the results, if needed, we can investigate it further.

1. Food:

• Avoid all bad carbohydrates, junk foods, carbonated drinks.
  • Eat fruits in the day, preferably before 3 PM.
  • Take vegetables daily.
  • Consume low-fat dairy if you take 100 grams of animal protein.
  • Drink 2.5 liters of water daily.
  • Do not take coffee more than twice a day.
  • Do not consume alcohol after 5 PM.
  • Try to practice intermittent fasting 16:8 (Eat for 8 hours during the day and fast for the rest of the day).
  • Have your dinner early.
  • Take nuts only after overnight soaking.
  • Fast at least once a week.

2. Physical exercises:

• Daily walk for 2 miles and do stretching exercises for 20 minutes, or you can alter it with HIIT (high-intensity interval training) or tai chi (internal Chinese martial art).

3. Get a body massage once a week or do it on your own.

4. Take Probiotics twice daily for two weeks.

5. Multivitamin:

• Vitamin D 2000 IU daily for three weeks.
  • Magnesium 250 mg daily for two weeks.
  • B-complex, Iodine 100 mg, and Levocarnitine 500 mg once daily, all for two weeks.

6. Paracetamol 1 g if needed for pain relief.

7. Green tea once a day and rosemary seasoning.

8. Do daily meditation.

9. Maintain a daily diary for pain score, moods, aggravating and relieving factors.

10. Practice giving and gratitude in a family or get involved in community service. Try to build positive emotions.

11. Get good 7 to 8 hours sleep daily. If needed, use St. John's wort 500 mg at bedtime.

Follow-up after two weeks.

update>
positive ANA - mitotic spindle on 4/27/2021
high ESR - 33

all other tests are normal such as rheumatoid factor, CBC
# Labs look ok, how are you doing, what is the symptom score ?
Hi Doctor,

Is positive Anti Nuclear AB normal?
# Just keep a tab on it, repeat CRP, ESR , CBC, urine analysis, KFT,LFT, ANA after 6 months . If you are clinically doing fine and other parameters are normal just do a follow up lab. Maintain a good lifestyle and take measures to decrease inflammation that we have discussed

|