Q. My penile skin break and peel often post STD treatment. Why?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 21, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 26, 2020

At the start of this year, I caught an STD, for which I took antibiotics and used a cream called Travocort. The STD went away quickly, but the main problem was using Travocort. While using it, I realized that my skin is getting hurt, the skin is peeling off, and it was not very pleasant. I have possibly used too much. Either way, the STD is gone for a long time (had it tested too, just in case), but my penis skin did not heal completely. Well, I think, and it has been five months now. What happens is every time I jerk off, there are two spots on my penis, which look like friction burn and naturally heals after three to six days off not touching it. I never had such a problem before, and it is annoying. I went to see a doctor and he told me I should not worry about it. It will heal in time but that was four months ago. I would like to know if I could use some sort of cream to heal the skin or if it is normal? Please help.

#

Yes, I got a few patients who had the same complaints before, and the issue is the skin is weak since the previous STD (sexually transmitted disease) and less than usual friction can peel off an area on and heals slowly. In the meanwhile, it causes pain if you try to masturbate even with using lubricants. This condition will take a long time, like a year but will be no more there in this period of time. Avoid friction if you have sex or masturbate. Use lubricants and the best is olive oil. Nothing else to do. Avoid using commercial lubricants as it also harms the skin. Try to reduce the friction as much as possible.

|