Q. What are the pimple-like rashes on the penis head?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal
Published on Jun 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My skin around the scrotum is flaking and senseless on touch. Also, the same on penis head. There are a lot of rashes like pimples on the bottom of the penis head. It gives a bad odor. I am 23 years old and I have been in this condition for more than seven years now. My past medication was Candid B cream for a week and I stopped it as there was no improvement. Thank you.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

• This could be due to a fungal infection. You may apply Onabet cream (Sertaconazole) over the areas twice daily. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Proper oral and topical medicine for one or two months is needed to cure you of this disease.
  • Remember to wear loose cotton clothing specially when at home.
  • Avoid hot, humid climate, keep the affected area dry and avoid synthetic underwear.
  • If any other family members are affected, they must also be adequately treated to prevent recurrence. Also try to send photos in follow up.

Revert back with the photographs to an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Is this cream alone enough for it to get cured?

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

#

Please put up  two to three clear pictures of the affected area for proper evaluation and guidance, as without the photographs I am not in a position to advise you regarding the management.

I have attached the photos for your reference. Please have a look. Thank you.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

#

• The pimple like lesions (attachment removed to protect patient identity) on the penile head is known as pearly penile papules.
  • It is a harmless, normal and benign condition present in many individuals. No treatment is required for this.
  • Regarding the scrotal flaking, it could be either due to tinea or fungal infection of the area or second possibility is scrotal dermatitis.
  • For scrotal dermatitis, Avoid soaps, perfumed cosmetics and creams on the affected area. Avoid repeatedly rubbing or itching over the area as it will increase the problem.
  • You may apply white paraffin emollient cream for symptomatic relief, example  Elovera cream by Gracewell.
  • For fungal infection, I suggest tablet Fluconazole. The usual dose is 150 mg taken once or twice a week for two weeks.
  • Onabet cream can be applied twice daily. In case of itching, I suggest tablet Lorinol (Loratadine) once or twice daily.
  • Consult your specialist doctor, discuss this with him or her and take the medicine with consent and revert back after two weeks.

Revert back after two weeks to an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I have itching and hot feeling in between my thigh and vagina. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a strong itching and hot feeling in the space between my left thigh and vagina. What could be causing this? I am really not able to tell if there is a color change.  Read Full »

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

Does Itching Disturb Your Regular Activities?

Article Overview: This article discusses in detail the diagnosis and management of severe itching. Read Article

Nowadays itching is a major problem or symptom of most of the allergic, systemic or fungal diseases. 4 out of 10 people have had some type of itching problem of the skin in their routine life. Severe itch also disturbs regular activities of daily living of mankind. What is Itching? Itching is de...  Read Article