Q. I have a curved penis and a bluish-black lump when I stretch the skin. What to do?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I am 99 percent sure that I have Peyronie's disease. I have ridges and a very mild bend, but I also noticed a big black and blue lump when I stretch the skin, and it is very long.

#

Thanks for consulting us.

Peyronie’s disease is an inflammation, which leads to fibrosis of the tough deep layer of the penis, which is called tunica albuginea. It starts with inflammation and pain until it gets fibrosed stabilized and fixed, creating deformity and curvature to variable degrees, especially on erection. Pictures of the penis on flaccid and erect positions will be essential to decide on the management and help you send it to me as well. Treatment varies from shock wave lithotripsy for injection of collagenases and corrective surgery depending on the curvature degree on erection. Please follow-up with pictures for better assessment.

Kind regards.

Thank you, doctor, for your reply.

I have attached the pictures. Whenever I bend it, I can see a bruise, and it looks very puffy.

#

I did not see any file, as mentioned, and there is no link for that. Did you have any injuries in your penis because bruise and swelling indicate an injury? Did you have rough sex or bend of your penis during sex recently? I need to differentiate between penile fracture and Peyronie’s disease. In case of fracture, it happens during sex due to forceful bend leads to tear in the tunica layer and bruise with blood collection, which is painful and swollen and needs urgent surgery and repair. In the case of Peyronie’s disease, you need to leave it to stabilize first for six months, then treatment starts. Please give more precise answers to my questions. Please make sure to attach pictures as I could not see any photos so far. I am sorry, but your case needs the correct diagnosis to give you proper treatment.

Kind regards.

|