Q. I have a zit or pimple on nose. Should I be concerned about skin cancer?

Dr. Saira Mohsin

I have a zit or pimple on my nose. I had it for a few years. I was never worried about it. It does not look too extreme or anything. But someone mentioned about skin cancer sometimes starting as small red bumps that do not go away. I am not sure if it is possible to have a pimple for years. Or is it something to be concerned about?

#

Please upload the pictures of affected areas for an exact diagnosis.

I have attached the photos.

#

Do not worry, it is not cancerous.

you just observe it for any change in color, size or shape.

If it changes then you should go for biopsy, otherwise, just observe it.

It seems like benign nevus or sebaceous cyst (benign means noncancerous).

|