Q. I have a zit or pimple on nose. Should I be concerned about skin cancer?

Dr. Saira Mohsin

I have a zit or pimple on my nose. I had it for a few years. I was never worried about it. It does not look too extreme or anything. But someone mentioned about skin cancer sometimes starting as small red bumps that do not go away. I am not sure if it is possible to have a pimple for years. Or is it something to be concerned about?

Dr. Saira Mohsin

Dermatology
#

Please upload the pictures of affected areas for an exact diagnosis.

| 

I have attached the photos.

Dr. Saira Mohsin

Dermatology
#

Do not worry, it is not cancerous.

you just observe it for any change in color, size or shape.

If it changes then you should go for biopsy, otherwise, just observe it.

It seems like benign nevus or sebaceous cyst (benign means noncancerous).

| 

Please suggest cream to remove Becker's nevus.

Query: Hi doctor,I have Becker's nevus on my upper part of the chest. It has grown subsequently dark in the past few years. Also, hair growth has increased very much on that part. It is aligned towards my left shoulder. My childhood photos show no sign of any such mark. Only, occasional acne occur on tha...  Read Full »

How can the little bump on my upper lip corner be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a little bump on the upper lip corner which is like a small pimple for about eight to 10 months. It has been painless until over the past few days where there is a mild vague pain around the area. Please suggest if it is something that I need to be worried about?  Read Full »

Popping my pimples has caused a big red bump. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. From the last five years, I have acne. It had reduced a bit. But, recently I started to get white heads and papules. I then popped my papule and white head area. Now, it has become red and swollen and it is burning. I have applied cold water and aloe vera ge...  Read Full »