Q. I have a zit or pimple on nose. Should I be concerned about skin cancer?

Dr. Saira Mohsin
Published on Nov 09, 2019

I have a zit or pimple on my nose. I had it for a few years. I was never worried about it. It does not look too extreme or anything. But someone mentioned about skin cancer sometimes starting as small red bumps that do not go away. I am not sure if it is possible to have a pimple for years. Or is it something to be concerned about?

Dr. Saira Mohsin

Dermatology
#

Please upload the pictures of affected areas for an exact diagnosis.

I have attached the photos.

Dr. Saira Mohsin

Dermatology
#

Do not worry, it is not cancerous.

you just observe it for any change in color, size or shape.

If it changes then you should go for biopsy, otherwise, just observe it.

It seems like benign nevus or sebaceous cyst (benign means noncancerous).

Please suggest cream to remove Becker's nevus.

Query: Hi doctor,I have Becker's nevus on my upper part of the chest. It has grown subsequently dark in the past few years. Also, hair growth has increased very much on that part. It is aligned towards my left shoulder. My childhood photos show no sign of any such mark. Only, occasional acne occur on tha...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Becker's nevus is a kind of mole, which usually starts at puberty and keeps increasing in size and pigmentation till the age of 25 to 30 years. Also, it is tough to treat. It can only be lightened, but not completely removed. You may have to try lasers such as Q-switched ...  Read Full

How can the little bump on my upper lip corner be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a little bump on the upper lip corner which is like a small pimple for about eight to 10 months. It has been painless until over the past few days where there is a mild vague pain around the area. Please suggest if it is something that I need to be worried about?  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be a sebaceous cyst or a hypertrophic Fordyce spot or trichoepithelioma. A physical and histopathological examination is required to confirm the diagnosis and a surgical excision is the only treatment of choice.  Good thing is that most of them are benign...  Read Full

Popping my pimples has caused a big red bump. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. From the last five years, I have acne. It had reduced a bit. But, recently I started to get white heads and papules. I then popped my papule and white head area. Now, it has become red and swollen and it is burning. I have applied cold water and aloe vera ge...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest the following: Start applying Opexa (a combination of Dimethicone and Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate) gel thrice daily. This will minimize the chances of scarring. Apply T-Bact (Mupirocin topical) ointment on the Opexa gel. This will reduce the infection. St...  Read Full