Q. Why is there loss of protein in urine?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

My wife is losing protein in the urine. The result is ++. She usually remains tired and also has pain in some part of the body like back pain or head pain. She also has a lot of black pigmentation marks on her body. Is pigmentation marks cause any serious problem? Can you please tell me its side effects? And what are the issues we can face in future due to this problem? And does it have any treatment? Because already one doctor has told us that there is no treatment for this problem and my wife will get ill sooner due to protein loss, and there is also 20 % chances of kidney failure in the future. Is it true?

#

Protein in urine can be due to a nephrotic syndrome which could be due to many causes. Blood pressure, blood albumin level, and random blood sugar should be measured. Her urine test shows some pus cells (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

I suggest using antibiotics like Bactrim (Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim) for five days. Is there any history of respiratory infection in the last three weeks? Sometimes we may need to take a sample from the kidney to find out the exact cause.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|