Q. What might be the three clustered red areas on the bottom of my shaft after unprotected sex?

Dr. Dilip Meena
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Jul 27, 2019

I had unprotected sex two days ago, and there are three clustered red areas on the bottom of my shaft. They only slightly itchy, and the skin there is dried. I have heavily researched herpes, and I do not think this is it. Anything else it could be?

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand your concern, but there are no attached photographs in your message. Kindly send a picture of the affected area to help you better. I need to see the affected area to assess the condition and to suggest the appropriate diagnosis and treatment. Please send the picture of the affected area.

I have attached the file.

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

It is not herpes for sure. Can be a mild case of tinea, a superficial fungal infection or just related to friction.

Use the following medications for a week then follow back. Kindly consult your doctor to make the decision and take the treatment with consent.

1. Clotrimazole plus Beclomethasone cream apply twice a day.

2. Tablet Fexofenadine 180 mg once at night.

3. Capsule Itraconazole 100 mg twice a day.

How do I get prescribed those medications? Or can I pick those up?

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

I think the first two are available over-the-counter. For third you need a prescription.

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »

What ayurvedic medicines can treat tinea cruris?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly tell me some ayurvedic drugs for tinea cruris. I had the disease last year but I am having the symptoms again. Itching has not gone completely. I have used Onabet cream. In the past, I have been on Tyza and Atarax. Please help.  Read Full »

A small itchy bump developed in to an ulcer in the pubic area. Please recommend medicine.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a skin ulcer that appeared about a week ago in the pubic area. The initial lesion is now surrounded by four liquid filled bumps that look like they also will become ulcers. A small itchy bump developed into an ulcer in 10 days. Three days between photos at a different stage of ...  Read Full »