Q. What might be the three clustered red areas on the bottom of my shaft after unprotected sex?

Dr. Dilip Meena

I had unprotected sex two days ago, and there are three clustered red areas on the bottom of my shaft. They only slightly itchy, and the skin there is dried. I have heavily researched herpes, and I do not think this is it. Anything else it could be?

#

I understand your concern, but there are no attached photographs in your message. Kindly send a picture of the affected area to help you better. I need to see the affected area to assess the condition and to suggest the appropriate diagnosis and treatment. Please send the picture of the affected area.

I have attached the file.

#

It is not herpes for sure. Can be a mild case of tinea, a superficial fungal infection or just related to friction.

Use the following medications for a week then follow back. Kindly consult your doctor to make the decision and take the treatment with consent.

1. Clotrimazole plus Beclomethasone cream apply twice a day.

2. Tablet Fexofenadine 180 mg once at night.

3. Capsule Itraconazole 100 mg twice a day.

How do I get prescribed those medications? Or can I pick those up?

#

I think the first two are available over-the-counter. For third you need a prescription.

|