Q. Is it possible to get infection in a painless pulp exposed tooth?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

I have a tooth that is gone all the way down. So I think the pulp is exposed but I have no pain whatsoever. Is it only a matter of time before it gets infected or not? If I have no pain, it is dead right?

#

According to your history, the pulp is exposed and decayed by now. It means sensations are lost and that is why you are not feeling pain in it. But it does not mean your tooth cannot get an infection now. It can get infected because of the food stuck in it can cause infection in gums around broken tooth and root. That may be very painful. Therefore, I will advise you to visit your dentist and get it extracted or treated according to your clinical condition.

|