Q. I touched a puppy with my legs. Will I get rabies from the saliva of the puppy?

Dr. Udaya Nath Sahoo

I touched a puppy with my leg. Is there any possibility that the rabies-infected saliva from the puppy's hair gets transmitted to my pant? And I accidentally touch it with my fingers and rub it on my eyes and get myself infected with rabies?

#

As per your statement, there is no need for any vaccination because the virus does not spread by touching and is transmitted by blood and mucous membrane. Also, a dog infected by the rabies virus dies within 10 days after biting.

In case of any other query, contact me.

I do not know if the dog is rabid or if the dog is alive or dead. Can you please tell me what to do?

#

Please watch the dog; if it is infected, it will die within 10 days of biting.

Keep calm, and do not worry.

|