I am a 21-year-old male. I broke up with my girlfriend two months ago after a healthy relationship of four years. All these happened just within two days, and I could not even understand what to do and what not. She said that she forgot all the moments and memories of our relation, and this breaks my heart. I did everything to get her back, but she refused. She is the only thought in my mind all the time, and all my daily routine is out of track. I am going through the worst phase of my life. I am frustrated and feeling lonely. Please help.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
You are facing an adjustment disorder. The relationship appears to be an important part of your life, but still, change is the hard fact of life. You may not be able to forget her ever, but her memories will stop giving you pain. Currently, you do not need any medicines.
Practice the following tips, and it will help you tide over the crisis:
1. Set a schedule for yourself and follow it as if your life depends on it. Make sure you leave no space for free time in it.
2. Start spending time with those friends and family whom you had not given time earlier due to your commitment to your girlfriend.
3. Avoid social media and common friends for at least four weeks to avoid unnecessary encounters.
4. Do not take alcohol, smoking, or any pills to avoid heartache. You will end up adding another problem to your list.
5. Do not take caffeinated drinks and cold drinks at least four hours before bedtime to avoid sleep issues.
6. Practice deep breathing for ten minutes every day to calm your nerves.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hello doctor, I have failed twice in my exams. I am feeling pushed out of my own home because there is a lack of peace. I weep secretly and daily whenever I think of my future, and it all looks bleak. I am a lonely person, and my enemies are many around me, including my own younger brother. Every ti... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, I am feeling alone in life. I came to work abroad and fortunately got a job at a clothes shop and running it for a year. But, I have not been able to save to help my family. I feel weak and no proper food I am eating. I do not want to deal with customers at the shop. My past breakup ... Read Full »
Article Overview: Among various forms of abuse, the type of abuse which seems least discussed is psychological abuse. Psychological abuse can also be termed as emotional abuse. We often overlook this abuse and let others decide the course of our lives and continue to tolerate other's bad behavior in the name of love. But, to all my readers, love is not only about one person. Learn to recognize the signs of abuse and do not let others do it to you. Read Article
Overview Among various forms of abuse, the type of abuse which seems least discussed is psychological abuse. Psychological abuse can also be termed as emotional abuse. We often see people stuck in an unhealthy and difficult relationship. We wonder why one should continue in such a relationship, but... Read Article
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Psychiatrist Now