Q. I get pimples in the labia minora with itching every month. What can I do?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I get a regular series of pimples every two to four days. The first and second day begins with itching and then the third day a pimple. One white pimple hurts around as it does if we get a fluid spot on face. As it is on a sensitive part, it hurts more there. The fourth day it reduces in size automatically and fades off by the fifth day. There are no clusters but just one pimple. It occurs on labia minora or vestibular glands. The itching problem persists for more than three years. One and a half years ago, this problem was aggravated when I scratched it badly. When I went to the toilet and returned, I got a high fever and was unable to walk. I was given IV antibiotics; then, it got cured within seven to eight days. The pimples come every month since then. I became sexually active before two years and was always with one person. I have a picture of my pimple (which was full in size yesterday). I avoid touching the area during this time.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Thanks for writing to us.

You can consult a gynecologist for proper examination and investigation to rule out the cause and take treatment accordingly. There may be two most common causes for your problem. Sebaceous cyst of the Bartholin gland and folliculitis is due to hormonal changes that occur during periods. It is very painful because of the hair follicle. It may be because of infection also so antibiotics will be helpful in there treatment. I hope I have answered your query. If you have further questions, I will be happy to help you. Take care.

|