Q. I have a low testosterone level and some issues in the sperm analysis report. What should I do?

Answered by
Dr. Alexander Davis, Md
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 10, 2020
Hi doctor i am having varicocele grade 2 and my testosterone level is 1.7 at the age of 27 and my sperm analysis report is also not good count is very low what should i do sir .i am trying for kids but no use.
# Dear Bhargav,

I can very well understand that you’re worried.

Your test results show reduced numbers of sperm, a slight anomaly of a vein in your scrotum (not important), a minimal size difference of your testicles (needs follow-up), low testosterone and an infectious inflammation (important).

So the first aspect that should be tackled is the infection/inflammation mentioned in your sperm quality result (last sentence). Unless this is fixed it could even be dangerous to take other measure (e.g. treating you with testosterone patches or injections).

I’m wondering why this has not yet been the case. Your urologist should have noted that specific aspect (infection) from the report and acted accordingly. Why hasn’t that happened yet?

If your issues persist even after the eradication of the infectious/inflammatory aspect (must be checked for success by re-testing) we can look deeper into the case. But I am optimistic that you’ll do great once the underlying condition is healed.

Your testicles should undergo sonography every three to six months to make sure that there is no other reason for the size difference hidden.

Get well soon!
The Probable causes:

Infectious process in the reproductive organs.

Investigations to be done:

*Searching for the reason of the infection signs the lab found in the sperm analysis.
*Re-testing after therapy.
*Control sonography of the testicles every 3 to 6 months to safely rule out testicular cancer.

Differential diagnosis:


Probable diagnosis:

Inflammation of the reproductive organs, reason yet to be found.

Treatment plan:

No therapy before a proper diagnosis after further tests!

Regarding follow up:

Ant time you need me.

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Will low sperm count with hydrocele and testes calcification impact fertility?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. I have a low sperm count problem and also found tiny calcifications in both testes, bilateral minimal hydrocele. I am married two and a half years before and trying to conceive from the last seven months found I have low sperm count issue of 16 million per ml...  Read Full »

Please suggest Siddha medicine for testicular pain and low sperm count.

Query: Hello doctor, I have testicle pain on both sides (more pain felt on the right side). Sperm count is also low. What to do?  Read Full »

Can you interpret my semen analysis reports in layman terms?

Query: Hello doctor,Good day. My wife and I are trying to conceive and one of the tests done was a semen analysis test for me. I picked the results up from the lab, but I would not be able to see my doctor till a couple of days because of work. I am anxious and I would love an interpretation. I have attach...  Read Full »

Also Read

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Sexologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.